Thursday 5 February 2015

Valerie Monologue

Because my classical monologue had a more assured and collected character, I wanted to contrast that with Valerie's character. I wanted to alter my tone of voice throughout to show range whilst being frantic throughout the whole piece.

One quite obvious change of tone and emotion happen early on in the monologue as Valerie goes from angrily shouting 'throws nothing my way except his fat hard hands in bed at night' to contemplating more and becoming more despairing as she mentions her hair.

I also wanted her to seem disgusted and ashamed when describing how she has to borrow money and lots of these emotions will depend on me creating mannerisms, nuances and small expressions which show a very naturalistic style for the monologue, as the play Road intended to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment