Wednesday 28 January 2015

Drama School Research- Vocalization

Recently I researched some drama schools and came across a student profile on CSSD's website. Central had recently posted Student Profiles of their current students which I've linked here.

https://www.cssd.ac.uk/course/acting-ba

The female actors' profiles I found particularly helpful and insightful as to the real power and talent these students have over their voice and through their recordings that are posted on the page I realized how diverse these actors need to be for this standard of training. Of course, these particular students have been trained for three years so will be of a very high standard by now but it made me want to alter how I've been approaching my vocalization in this unit. Although I have decided not to apply and audition for drama schools straight away this year, I intend to over the next couple of years. therefore I want to take the time I have to really practice and prepare my audition monologues to the best of my ability, and if I am going to do certain things for my auditions it makes sense to try to do them now for this unit's assessment pieces too.

I was so impressed by the way the females in particular completely altered their voice which had such an impact of the character and tone of the monologues they had recorded and posted in the sound-cloud clips. I noticed Serena Jennings and Edith Poor had exceptional ability to shift a character  using just their vocalization.

All the females' classical monologues made it clear to me the level of articulation and how I want to improve my ability to have an RP accent over the next year in preparation.

From this research, I aim to intensify the RP and tone of my classical monologue as Emilia so that I can adapt to it, as that is a monologue I would consider for my actual auditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment