Wednesday 28 January 2015

Character Development on Agnes

After the exercise on character objectives I decided to really consider the scene that Agnes' monologue is in and re-read that to find inspiration for how I portray that. I think that observing the tone of Agnes' dialogue just before and after the monologue I've highlighted can help me depict the true objective of her in this moment.

Agnes' speech before the monologue is a direct example of her innocence and child-like quality which is shown throughout the play as well. It also shows how she has her own theories and when she outwardly speaks about them she isn't speculating, she truly believes in what she is saying without needing to convince other people so much. I think I can apply this to the way she describes the Lady in my monologue and the child-like tone she would have is something I want to experiment with in my portrayal, vocally.

No comments:

Post a Comment